Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mombie Like Zombie

I was looking at some old pictures
of Troy going to prom the other day.
Gorgeous girls in evening gowns
that I'd know since they were in
kindergarten with him.
I looked over at Troy and Teddy
shooting zombies on the TV
and shook my head.
Sure we all like The Walking Dead
and don't want zombies to take over the world.
But really, where are the girls?
Once a year I nag Troy about it
only to get the same answer.
"They're too expensive and complicated mom."
I looked back down at the photograph of the
beautiful girl.
Silky hair, shining eyes, big smile.
That's when it hit me.
I want grandchildren.
I looked over at Teddy and said,
"How 'bout you Teddy?
I'd like you to marry someday
cause I won't always be here."
He glanced over at me for a split second and said,
"When you die can we reanimate you as a Mombie?"

No comments:

Post a Comment