Monday, September 12, 2016

Teddy's Grand Canyon

I was all blissed out from a perfect day
which included sunshine (not a given in Seattle)
a last minute Seahawk win
and a delicious pot roast dinner.
Terry was even willing to sit in a chair
next to the quail pen to keep me company
As I cleaned the pen. I looked over and 
RIGHT NEXT to the trail under the pink tree
at the foot of our yard is a 100 square foot pit,
four feet deep, ten by ten feet..
Teddy had dug out the dirt and hauled it to
his and Owen's raised garden which they finished this morning.
Someone will kill themselves falling in the hole.
I was too tired from the Seahawk win to muster much
yelling, and ended up with only a limp,
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"
Plus I yelled that they had dug up my quail cemetery.
To which Owen replied,
"Excellent. That will make great fertilizer."

No comments:

Post a Comment