Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10/18/2011 Fee Fi Fo Foo, Peeyou!

I'm excited to go work on The Jewel for the holidays.
I can't wait to get away from my teenagers.
So many people asked me about being away for Christmas
that I thought maybe I should feel guilty.
So I asked Teddy how he felt about it.
He said, "Mom, I'm fifteen. Do you honestly think
there is anything you could buy me
that I wouldn't complain about?
It's not like we're little kids anymore."
I love that kid.
Except at laundry time.
I nearly lost my coffee at the odor
and kept thinking,
"Fee fi fo foo,
someone flipped
over the canoe."
My kids rarely talk to me
but what they don't say,
their clothes do!
Soaking wet, slimy clothes
clearly indicating a flip-over.
At least they didn't drown
so that's a blessing.
Fee fi foo foo,
my stinky life
upon the slough.

No comments:

Post a Comment