Saturday, October 8, 2011

10/8/2011 The New Baby

People might think that my stories
are about babies since they all fall
under the name: Baby Boomalilies.
I wanted to call them Baby Boomerlilies,
but that sounded stupid compared to
Baby Boomalilies. Boomaliles sounds like
that Cub Scout camp song, 'Boom Chicka'
to me. I loved singing that song!
But since baby is in name here is
a baby story about Troy.
Seventeen years ago we had a baby.
Terry got to pick out the names for
the boy babies and I got to pick out
the names for the girl babies.
So he names Troy for himself and his dad.
Terrence Egbert Nixon III.
AKA, Troy.
So when Troy was two months old,
I was sitting in the gold rocking chair
rocking him after he had his bottle.
His eyes started rolling back in his head!
I panicked and called 911.
The operator took down all the information
and I begged her to send an ambulance.
I was sure my new baby was having a seizure
and needed a doctor immediately.
It took the operator a few minutes to
write down all the information
and then she asked,
"What is your baby doing now?"
I looked down at my sleeping baby.
"He's asleep." I said.
The operator asked me,
"Is this your first baby?"
I told her he was my first baby.
She said, "Did you know that when babies
fall asleep their eyes roll back in their heads?"
Well, I was certainly embarrassed since I had read the,
'What to Expect' books over and over again.
Musta missed that chapter.
I admitted that I didn't know that interesting fact and
I thanked her for her time
and I thanked God for my healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment