Thursday, October 27, 2011

10/27/2011 In Touch With My Inner Mammal

I stared at the empty plate on my kitchen counter.
Well, it wasn't completely empty,
it was covered in toast crumbs.
Next to it was my deformed Tupperware
butter holder that I had melted one side of somehow.
It was empty too.
I might be a little too in touch
with my inner mammal.
I am in full preparation for hibernation.
My animal biology is telling me to
suck the juicy fat from the crispy sides of pot-roasts
and eat cubes of butter.
Need to fatten up for the long winter ahead.
Just as well I didn't get hired to teach full time here.
I would have just kept gaining weight if I stayed home.
So I'm off to New York next week
to work the cruises down to the Bahamas
and help the kids in Splashdown youth center have fun.
What better way to fight off
my inner mammal?

No comments:

Post a Comment