Sunday, October 30, 2011

10/30/2011 There's Someone Sitting in My Chair

Oh!
My chair moved.
I just sat on another teenager.
Where do they all come from anyway?
I guess I should turn up the lights before
I sit down with my coffee.
I feel like Goldilocks.
After I found someone sleeping in my chair
I went to sit on my couch.
But there was another one there.
Friends of Troy.
I'm glad he is popular and all that
but this is ridiculous.
I can't wait to hear all about his
adventure at the homecoming dance.
When he put on his black Nikes with his tuxedo
last night to leave
I nearly died!
I begged and pleaded with him to put on his dress shoes.
I hope he didn't make his date cry.
The apple didn't fall far from the tree with Troy.
His dad's idea of dressing up is a forest green t-shirt
without a hole in the arm pit.
Terry has twenty-four tee-shirts.
All forest green.
He will wear his dress shoes to weddings and funerals
so Troy didn't get much fashion role-modeling there.
If I had a daughter,
I could get the homecoming dance story retold for four hours
with pots of coffee and tea and all the details.
As it is,
when the lumps get out of my chair and off my couch,
I'll get a few grunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment