Monday, October 24, 2011

10/24/2011 I Love My New Ice Cube Trays

I was just staring at the water
running over my tilted ice cube tray.
I fill them at an angle because
I like to pretend I'm making
miniature waterfalls.
Then I remembered why I love
my new ice cube trays.
Well, they aren't really new,
since I got them last summer and
they did come from Saint Vincent DePaul,
but anything bought after 1990 is
new to me.
So what I love about my new ice cube trays is
that they are perfectly symmetrical.
You know what that means don't you?
Once they are full of water
you don't have to waste any time
looking for the "right end"
to stack them up.
And I OWN three of them!
How lucky is that?!
Like I have time to look at an ice cube
tray and line up the ends if they don't match!
Brenda says I'm odd that way.
I own twenty-four identical white socks,
and twenty-four identical black socks.
She says that is not normal.
I think having to match socks is not normal.
So really,
what is normal?
Doesn't everyone long to own symmetrical
ice cube trays?

No comments:

Post a Comment