Sunday, September 18, 2011

2/16/2011 Acronym Overload for The Cruise Ship Job

My cousin Elizabeth forbid me from talking
to her in acronyms yesterday.
When it comes to the government,
there is obviously no such thing as
too many acronyms.
My MMC went through the USCG and that credential replaced
the old MMD and MML,
but I was still required to get my TWIC.
I found it very fascinating to read about the
ISO and the SOLAS!
I printed a few pages for Terry to read
but when I saw the SOLAS was in response
to the Titanic,
I stopped printing!
He would NEVER come visit me at work if he read that.
He loves that Titanic movie
and I thought it was okay when it came out
but I'm sure not going to watch it again before I
start my new job on the cruise ship!
I'm afraid of the dark!
Seriously, I will be lucky to make it through
one contract on The Pride of America.
When I was a flight attendant,
I was homesick, airsick and terrified of take offs
for the ENTIRE eight years.
The LAST thing I need in my little brain
is the idea of a sinking ship!
Imagine an old lady like me at fifty-four
passing those five levels of USCG requirements.
As the kids say, TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment