Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/29/2011 I Hate Shopping For Unmentionables (for ladies only)

I hate shopping for unmentionables.
When Brenny was here last Christmas she took pity on me
and did her best friend duty to get me ready for my cruise ship job.
We went up to Alderwood Mall and marched in.
Well, she marched in like a soldier
and I ran after her because
she is one inch taller than me and likes to flaunt it.
We went into Macys, which I still call Bon Macys
because I'm a native Seattleite and I'm used to saying "The Bon."
I handed the cute young lingerie
sales girl my bra that I nearly liked
that I had brought along.
She had the biggest "Ewww" expression
for a 1/16Th of a second before she sauntered off to the right rack.
I hate shopping for bras even more than wearing them
if that's possible!
The last time Brenny and I went two years ago,
we spent four hours shopping at all five retail outlets
at Northgate without success before she gently told me
that no bra would be comfortable until I lost twenty pounds.
Well of course she was right
and now that I've lost a few pounds, my bra is
not quite the device of torture it was two years ago.
Well, the day we shopped two years ago we didn't find anything
that I could tolerate.
The next week I went solo to Macy's at Alderwood and found one.
This time with Brenny the saleslady grabbed me three more off the rack
since I had one with me to ID the new ones!
Took five seconds.
The moral to this story is:
If you hate shopping too, take a sample with you
and you don't have to try anything on.

No comments:

Post a Comment