Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9/14/2011 Year Eight in the Sub Pool

Uh oh. Looks like another school year started without me.
Year eight in the sub pool coming up.
So what is funny or cheerful about being a sub?
Well, at the Inglemoor Varsity football game
last Friday night at Pop Keeney Field,
I was face painting Blake Elliot,
an 11th grader I knew and he said,
"I remember when I was in 5th grade and
you were helping Jacob with his essay
and you were so hungry you grabbed a french fry
off his tray that he had already taken a bite of."
I just about died at the thought of the boy spit,
but that lumpy essay had a strong voice about
his fifth grade football experience and after an
hour of editing through lunchtime together,
it was great. He was brilliant.
He won free tickets to something for it.
Some things
you just can't put a price tag on.

No comments:

Post a Comment