Saturday, September 17, 2011

9/17/2011 KJH Inglmoor Viking Football Sleepover

I must have half the KJH football team
on my living room floor.
They look so small and innocent
all curled up in little balls...
Teddy has such nice friends.
They all pitch in and clean up after themselves.
Last time they were here I almost
passed out from shock when they got up
and put the sleeping bags away
and did the dishes and swept the floor!
Is it an age thing because
they are fifteen now
and when they are seventeen they will
turn into total slobs like Troy's friends?
The shocker was when I asked if I could sit in
my own chair.
The blessed green recliner that I covet.
I'm so used to Carlos
draped over my chair
like some big hairy unmoveable starfish,
that when Hanna got up
I thought the world would stop spinning!
Young teenagers.
Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment