Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9/27/2011 Wrestling Match With My Chair

If you booze you lose.
It's that simple and I shoulda' known better.
I can NOT hold my liquor one little bit.
Makes me sick as a dog for days.
But Friday, after subbing all day I needed to unwind
so I made the nastiest drink in history:
"The Substitute"
Recipe: 2TBS sugar, 1TSP cherry Kool Aid powder,
one cup brandy. Stir over 6 big ice cubes.
Sure I was asleep in five minutes.
I woke up Saturday morning feeling like a zombie.
I got my coffee and sat down in my little green Lazy-Boy
and started my daily ritual of job hunting.
After a half hour, I needed more coffee.
My laptop power cord had fallen down the footrest of my chair.
No problem right?
I went to pull out the cord
and it got stuck in the metal bars under the
main part of the chair.
I didn't feel good.
I put the footrest down and turned the chair on it's side.
I crawled down and looked at the cord and decided to
put the footrest up.
But doing that made the cord more stuck.
So I tugged on the cord
and effectively got it totally wedged in the metal bars.
So I put the chair back upright
and pushed down on the backrest.
Now the cord really stuck in the bars under the chair.
So I pull up on the backrest.
Who knew a backrest can come off the tracks
right into your bare hands?
Trust me.
It can.
So I turn the chair upside down and I'm
seeing the tiny end of the power cord stucker than stuck
in the metal bars and decide to bite the bullet.
I pull as hard as I can
and the cord dislodges!
I couldn't believe that when
I plugged it in and it stilled worked.
I very carefully lifted up the heavy backrest
and lined up the metal fittings and slid
it back onto it's tracks.
Then I got another cup of coffee
and sat down on one of my wooden chairs at the
kitchen tables to read the paper.
Good old trustworthy wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment