Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/2011 My Ugly Kitchen Towels

Well, Teddy was right this time.
He held up a rag last week and said,
"When was the last time you bought kitchen towels mom?"
I looked at the rag and tried to remember.
Here's a good rule of thumb:
If you can't remember when you bought the towel
it is too old.
I couldn't even see the cute pale blue goose
on that old towel that I knew was there in...
What year did we buy the house?
1991.
No wonder that towel looked bad.
Time for the rag bag.
I did have some marginally better looking towels
that my sister Pam has given me over the years.
She knows that kitchen towels are something I
never remember to replace.
Do you have something that you hate to shop for?
Or something that you dislike shopping for?
Kitchen towels fall into both categories for me.
So, luckily a brand new Ross store opened
last month and I went down and found a
smokin' hot deal on cute kitchen towels.
Five for $3.99!
Since I hadn't shopped for kitchen towels since 1991,
it was a rather time consuming endeavor.
I had to sit on the floor because they
were all on the bottom racks.
I chose four matching packages that contained a
variety of colors and some cute artsy chef on a bicycle
that I know I have seen on art somewhere.
So last night Teddy holds up a bath towel
with frayed edges and says...

No comments:

Post a Comment