Thursday, September 8, 2011

9/7/2011 The New Football Mom or Statman Strikes Again!

We are a basketball family.
I LOVE watching my kids play that
fast and exciting sport,
so you can imagine my surprise
when out of the blue,
my mini-me, Teddy, tells me he
wants to play football.
The most brutal sport of all.
I have anxiety attacks every time someone gets injured
so it is hard to watch for me.
But, apparently, boys like to get injured
and injure each other, so I did not
object to my fifteen year old ninth grader
starting football this summer.
It has been fun and interesting and surprising so far.
They had a jamboree last weekend
and I nearly came off the stands
when some sophomore he pushed back
was roughing him up.
I'll have to learn to stay in my seat.
Yesterday,Teddy came home from football practice
with his first yellow and black game jersey on and
sits down to dinner. Terry looks at him and says,
"58 is a great number. Hall of Famer Jack Lambert had
that number from '70 to '80 and he was the
best middle linebacker in history.
No one could get through the Steel Curtain."
This from a man that can't put the dishes in
the right cupboard after twenty years in the same house.

No comments:

Post a Comment