Friday, September 16, 2011

9/16/2011 The Jobless Olympics: Senior Division

I woke up feeling lucky.
I'm going to drop off an updated resume
at the new Kookmore library.
Just because I've now been passed over
for close to 1,000 jobs for eight years
by five school districts doesn't mean I'll give up.
If there was a senior division for jobless Olympics,
I'd get a gold medal!
I can see all us jobless Baby Boomers
down at QWEST Field.
We'd be lined up at one end
and at the other end would be the challenges.
Run down and type a flawless resume with no errors
Run down and type a flawless cover letter with no errors
Run down and select a Dress for Success outfit
Run down and give a panel of judges perfect interview
answers with perfect elocution and ennunciation
And the GOLD MEDAL goes to:
Gretchen Nixon

No comments:

Post a Comment