Friday, September 9, 2011

9/8/2011 Teddy's First Football Game

That was exciting.
Watching my kid play in his first
football game.
Only snag was, I didn't see him.
With his freshman group mixed with the
Viking sophomore group, there were
over sixty guys on our team!
Perfect night for football though
with my furry husband and friend Angela.
She is Teddy's pal Mike's mom.
Clear, hot night with a near-full moon rising over the
field bursting with testosterone.
Geez those kids had fun.
I watched my kid standing on the sideline the whole time
and darn if they didn't put him in the last ten minutes of the game!
On the last play, I could hear a familiar young voice
shouting out the numbers
and I was thinking he sounded
just like Teddy.
Well it was Teddy.
Boy was he hopping mad I didn't see him run out
on the field and see him play.
Wasn't until we were all in the mini-van riding
home and Angela and I were gasping for air
over the vile smell of the players,
that I found out he got to play.
Once it got dark,
I had trouble seeing the numbers
even with the field lights!
Drawback of being an old mom.
So I told him to yell at me next time he went in.
That went over like a lead balloon,
but we'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment