Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/'11 Walking Around With a Eighty Pound TV

Well, that was something different.
Surprising the sheriff didn't
turn up at my door!
Teddy went to a birthday party
Saturday night and came back about eleven
and yelled down the stairs,
"Mom, I got invited to sleep over
and came back for pajamas."
Well, that triggered my Momdar.
He hasn't worn pajamas since he was twelve.
So I go back to reading my latest
trashy Jackie Collins novel
and at eleven-thirty I hear Teddy yelling,
"Mom! Mom! I'm back!"
I race upstairs and he's covered with sweat
and I asked him what had happened.
Apparently, his friend Mikey
convinced him that their friend
Michael's party would be so much
better with a second TV.
That way, more of them could play video games together.
Teddy and Mikey came and picked up
Teddy's "pajamas" while I was downstairs
reading, only to have dad Jon say, "NO."
Only Mikey wouldn't help with the
return trip, which left Teddy
carrying an eighty pound television
ten blocks through downtown Kenmore!
I'm lucky the sheriff didn't notice him.

No comments:

Post a Comment